Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Holy Pogo Stick, Batman!


It was a view similar to this one that I was treated to on my way home last week. A quiet street, families arriving home, and a small child on a pogo stick. The memories that came flooding back made me smile.

I'm sure the pogo sticks of my childhood were much simpler than the one in this picture. I dare say though, that we probably had more fun on them "back in the day." I must admit that I was really surprised to see a kid outside on a pogo stick. It just doesn't seem like it is a very popular toy these days - which is a sad, sad statement.

I loved jumping on my pogo stick. What one would do to have back just a few minutes of that time!

Note: Did you know that there is a sport called "stunt pogo"? According to wikipedia, some form of stunt pogo has been around for 50 years!

If only we'd known.

4 comments:

Smash said...

absolutely love you.

Tiffany said...

I had a pogo stick...and it was black and green. And i pogo'd to the moon.

Rob Dennis said...

I show pogo stick no love. None. Because There was something that surpassed the pogo stick. I of course am referring to the pogo ball. Yes many a sprained ankle of my childhood is due to the perfection of the pogoball grab stall. Pogo ball ftw (for the win)

Arly said...

Wee, you really need to update more! HOW am I supposed to get my Oregon/family fix without you. Honestly. :)