Friday, August 29, 2008

It's That Time of Year!


So - for some it's just another holiday weekend. For some of us - it's one of our favorite times of the year! Its time for approximately 400 - 450 people to meander their way across the Northwestern U.S. to find all roads leading to Camp Yamhill and to what is known as FaithQuest! This will be my 11th year to attend FaithQuest (as a chaperon or part of the staff) - and I can truthfully say that my spiritual walk is stronger because of this program! May God bless the Vancouver and Metro Churches of Christ for their unending loyalty to the organization and planning of FaithQuest for the last 21 years...

For your enjoyment below is a list of things I have learned at FaithQuest. Some of you may not completely understand these things - but that's ok, you can just imagine!

Things I have learned at FaithQuest:

1. Any teenagers can survive a 3-day weekend using the "Schmidt Houses" (otherwise known as porta-potties).

2. Having to shower every-other day will not kill you.

3. That the best place to meet new friends is while standing in line for meals.

4. That after an hour or so, any log on which you are sitting should have padding.

5. That prayer in the "tabernacle" is a powerful thing.

6. Late night talks with friends and mentors can change how you view your world.

7. An understanding of the story of the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1 - 11)

8. To pay attention during opening programs - because "baptisms" may not actually be "baptisms"

9. That it is difficult to sing praise to Jehovah God while sitting still.


There are many more - but that's enough. I can't wait to see my friends and my fellow Uganda-sojourners from this past January. I can't wait to sing! I can't wait to watch and see how God will change lives this weekend!

No comments: