Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mission Trip musings....

Things I learned while on the Baker City Summer Mission Trip 2008:

Of a general nature:

1. That locker room showers without lights are horror-flick worthy.
2. That even city boys can make a wild sheep look "pretty."
3. That when it's 95 degrees outside you can never drink too much water.
4. That it is not easy to replace windows on a house built in the 1950's.
5. That a little rain will not deter Lizzy Bennett from kissing Mr. Darcy
6. That it is possible to dance while seated in a van.

Of a spiritual nature:

1. That the devil will try anything in order to discourage team members during the week prior to leaving on a mission trip.
2. That God's plan for the daily schedule is not always the same as our plan.
3. That out of a bad event can come incredible decisions.
4. The true meaning of "Here is water..."
5. That God can use a bunch of teenagers to make a gigantic impact in a small town.
6. That I am humbled by the team that my God allowed me to be a part of.

2 comments:

Arly said...

I read the article in the Herald! I'm so proud of you guys!

Also, NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING will ever keep Lizzy Bennett from kissing Mr. Darcy. :)

Abby said...

I learned the effect of a small little ripple in the lake can end up as a huge wave on the shore.

I've learned that God works through whatever sin is in our lives to His glory.

I've learned I can have more in common with a woman who lives in a big city, than I ever have with anyone who has lived in my own home town forever.

And yes...Lizzy will continue to kiss Darcy no matter the circumstances. :)