Friday, December 21, 2007

New Uses for Vacuums

I must blog about this before the season of Christmas is past. I guarantee that my sister, Dusty, does not want me to blog about this - but I must.

So - the family had just finished celebrating Rian's 3rd birthday. I was getting my things together - thinking about heading back across town to my place, when I decided that I would look to see what my sisters were doing out in the garage.

When what to my wondering ears did I hear, but the hum of my sister's vacuum so near!

The vacuum? In the garage? WHY???

Following the hose which led to the garage door, I could not believe my eyes - there they were...my sisters - vacuuming the Christmas tree! What in the world? But Dusty insisted - vacuum the tree and it will not drop as many pine needles on the floor - and you might just vacuum up some of the spiders that tend to come in with the tree sometimes.

And there they vacuumed. First - with it lying down, each branch was dutifully vacuumed - then turning and repeating the process. Then? Stand it up and vacuum it off again. It was quite a process.

I'm not sure how any needles were left on that dear Noble Fir.

It was quite a sight to behold - so I quickly documented with my trusty camera so that you could all see!




1 comment:

Arly said...

I'm torn. I want to say: Man that's crazy... but at the same time I really want to try it. Hmmm...

Maybe next year. :)