Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Bible is Zelda?


There are certain teenagers with whom I love to talk about "God things." Claire Buehler is one of those teens. Tonight during a bible study we were talking about how the bible is always relevant and how you can read a passage one day and it will mean one thing - and a year from now you may have a complete different understanding of the same passage. I explained to Claire and Lindley (my niece) that it was why my dad could re-read the bible year after year and never grow tired of it.

That was when Claire popped up with "The bible is Zelda!" The excitement on her face was not mirrored in mine - because I was confused for just a second. Then she looked over at Lindley and repeated, "You know - the bible's like Zelda - no matter how many times you've played it there's always something more to do or to find."

It's not a conventional connection - but she gets it!

And - I can't wait until the next study!

No comments: