Monday, September 22, 2008

The Unexpected

I work in NE Portland - inner NE, near the Lloyd District. It's an entertaining area of town - to say the least. After working here for 3 years - there are certain things that you expect when you see certain vehicles, etc. Today - well, what I saw was unexpected.

Next door to our office is a 7-11 whose customers don't always lean to the 'normal.' As I was walking by, there was a big, black, Cadillac Escalade truck beginning to pull out of its parking space in front of the 7-11.

I must admit, that what I saw was not what I expected to see. Instead - driving the Escalade with it's windows down was an elderly white man - not the driver I would have expected to see. And - he had the windows down and was singing at the top of his lungs to none other than Waylon Jennings.

It was fabulous! Not only because was the driver and his choice of music were unexpected in this area of NE Portland, but because I too sing in my car.

Just not generally to Waylon Jennings.

No comments: